Want to get a massage, but nervous about what to expect? I’ve been there. I had been wanting to get a massage for several years before I actually got one for just this reason. So here’s a few things to expect, and if you have any other questions, just ask me. Trust me, there are no silly questions.
Before the massage:
- It’s a good idea to arrive a few minutes early to allow yourself time to relax a bit. If you haven’t completed the online intake form, I will have you complete an intake form with your contact information, health history, and the reason for your visit (don’t worry- I will keep your information confidential). Massage strokes affect the body in many ways, and depending on your health, some techniques or even massage altogether may need to be avoided. It may also be a good idea to discuss massage with your doctor.
- I will lead you to the massage room and leave while you disrobe and get underneath the sheet on the massage table. Nervous about taking your clothes off? No worries, just wear comfortable clothing. And rest assured, if you do decide to take it all off, you will be under a sheet and only the part of your body being massaged will be uncovered.
During the massage:
- Allow the full weight of your body to sink into the table and take full, deep breaths.
- I will inquire about the pressure and your level of comfort. Remember: this is your massage. If you are too cold or hot, if the pressure is too light, deep, or painful or if anything is interfering with you relaxing it is important to speak up.
After the massage:
- I will leave and give you time to get dressed. Don’t rush, maybe do some gentle stretching.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don’t forget to schedule your next massage.
- One of my colleagues recommends taking a nap when you get home, not a bad idea.
See, it’s not so scary. What are you waiting for? Call (217) 552-1670 to schedule a massage or Book Now.