Difficulty sleeping is a common problem, so I’ve compiled a list of some things that may help. Here are a few strategies to try.
Gentle or Restorative practices focused on slow movements and deep breathing may be just thing to calm your mind and ease your body into a night of restful sleep. Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclining Bound Angle Pose) and Viparita Karani (Legs-up-the-Wall Pose) are two of my favorite Restorative Yoga poses.
Resources: Check out the Yin Yoga and Restorative classes at The Living Yoga Center in Champaign.
Try this Sleepy Sleep Skin Stick* loaded with lavender and shea butter.
Or make your own blend. This is one of my favorites.
- Fill a small 1 ounce spray bottle with water and add the following:
- 6 drops- Lavender, Lavandula angustifolia
- 4 drops- Bergamot, Citrus bergamia
- 5 drops- Synergy of Sandalwood, Santalum paniculatum and Orange, Citrus sinesis.
- Shake well and spray on your pillow. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not ingest.
I get my essential oils from Aromatics International**.
Still having trouble?
Talk to your doctor. They will be able to discuss what treatment options are best for you. Already have talked to your doctor, but still can’t sleep? Talk to your doctor. Seriously, follow up with them. Sleep is important.
*I’m an Independent Consultant for this company. If you purchase through this link, I earn a commission.
**I get most of my essential oils from Aromatics International. They’re great. If you purchase using this link, we’ll both earn $10 in credit.