Way back when I wrote Choosing a Massage Therapist, I was the only one working here. We now have several amazing Massage Therapists at the office, so I thought an update was in order. If you haven’t read that post, this sums it up:
What really separates one Massage Therapist from another is what they are good at. No Massage Therapist is good at everything. Be wary if they say they are. As they say: “jack of all trades, master of none.” For this reason, I think one of the most important things to think about when choosing a Massage Therapist is the reason you are getting a massage. So think about your needs before you start your search. People seek massage for all sorts of reasons, from needing help with a specific injury to wanting to feel pampered.
So which Massage Therapist at Restoring Balance Massage Therapy should you see? Here’s a few guidelines on choosing the right massage therapist for you.
We are all really great at stress relief and relaxation massage. So if that’s what you’re looking for, maybe choose based on your availability. We work by appointment only and each therapist has different times they accept appointments. Here’s our current availability:
- Nikki Marini, DPT, LMT is available for appointments on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and evenings.
- Lucas Crawford, LMT is available for appointments Tuesday- Friday morning and early afternoon, Tuesday evenings, and Saturday afternoon/evening.
- Lola McQueen, LMT is available Monday through Saturday by appointment.
- Karyn Claflin, LMT, CYT is available for appointments Monday- Friday early morning and afternoon.
You can see all open times and book your massage here.
By the Reason You’re Seeking Massage
We recommend booking an appointment with Nikki if you:
- have aches and pains associated with pregnancy.
- are looking to improve sports performance.
- are recovering from injuries or dealing with chronic pain.
We recommend booking an appointment with Lucas if you:
- have general aches and pains that are keeping you from doing the things you enjoy
- have neck pain from working at a computer all day.
- Have nagging low back pain.
We recommend booking an appointment with Lola if you:
- are recovering from sports injuries.
- are dealing with chronic pain.
We recommend booking an appointment with Karyn if you:
- want complementary care to help with the side effects of your cancer treatment.
And no matter which therapist you choose, always tell the massage therapist what you want from your massage. We want you to enjoy your massage, so tell us if you want less or more pressure, if you’re too hot, or the music is getting on your nerves.
Enjoy your next massage!