Stress in the workplace affects absenteeism, productivity, and performance. According to the The American Institute of Stress, “an estimated 1 million workers are absent every day due to stress.” Clearly, unresolved employee stress costs companies money.
A look at some of the research shows that chair massage in the workplace can reduce muscular aches and pains and decrease stress and anxiety.
So, your employees are stressed. Their job performance is affected and they’re just plain unhappy. What can you do? I know what it’s like to be stressed and in pain from long hours working at a computer trying to meet seemingly impossible deadlines. It was the highlight of my year when my employer paid to have chair massage for the entire office! Imagine what the difference in morale would have been if we’d had this service monthly.
Office chair massage is an affordable way to increase employee morale and decrease stress. It’s convenient; a massage therapist can come right to your office. It can be a one-time event or a regular offering. A chair massage can last from 5 to 30 minutes. The massage can be customized to each employee, addressing arms, hands, neck, shoulders, and back depending on their needs.
If you want to know more, call (217) 552-1670 or fill out this form.
Massage has many benefits. It can help with stress, chronic pain, and sleep disorders to name a few.
Massage is my favorite stress reliever. But I don’t always have time for a 60 minute massage. So what do I do? Get a chair massage! It’s a great way to take the focus off of your “to-do” list and relax.
Some reasons a chair massage may be for you:
- Time: A chair massage can last from 5 to 30 minutes. You can fit it into your coffee break or stop by on your way home from work.
- Convenience: No need to take your clothes off or worry about getting oil in your hair. And, you can have chair massage delivered to you! Get some friends together and have a massage therapist come by on your lunch hour.
- Price: You can get several chair massage sessions for the price of one table massage, which means you can get massage more often.
BONUS: Reasons your employer should provide chair massage for you. Feel free to leave the list conveniently lying on your boss’s chair:
Want to show your employees some appreciation? Maybe help with the stress level in the office?
Chair massage may be just what you are looking for. Here’s a few ways employee chair massage can help your business:
- Massage can help reduce absenteeism. Think about it: Are you going to miss work when they are providing free massage?
- Massage can help increase morale. Sure you could just buy doughnuts, but massage is healthier. You want healthy employees, right?
- Massage can help with pain developed from long hours at the computer. Not only does it give employees a break from sitting at the computer, but common areas of tension, like the neck and shoulders, can be addressed with a chair massage.
You can hire a massage therapist to come to your office to de-stress your employees at your next office party. (Or better yet, once a month or once a week.) If you are located in Champaign-Urbana, call (217) 552-1670 to schedule today.